With a new year, we all try to set resolutions to better ourselves, our children, our businesses, our families, and more. Often times, we overlook our four legged friends when it comes to setting resolutions and goals in the new year.
Now that we have Pancake, the new pup, in our family, we have been working on setting some goals for him this year. Thanks to our friends at Bil-Jac, we are kicking the year off armed with some great goals and tips!
Setting Goals as Puppy Parents
This year we have decided that we need to set the following resolutions when it comes to being Pancake’s owners. Since we want him to be happy and healthy, we thought these were great choices.
Our Resolutions for 2017
- Play More – Something we haven’t had to do much with previous pets is play a lot. Pancake is only 7 months old and he loves to play so we want to make sure we are taking the time each day to play.
- Reward Good Behavior – Since Pancake is just a pup, we feel it is important to reward him when he goes potty outside and when he listens to a command. We are still working on basic commands with him so positive reinforcement is important. Pancake has been rewarded with Bil-Jac Little Jacs Training Treats since the day we welcomed him into our home.
- Just Say No to Human Food – This goal is very important to us as we do not want Pancake to get sick. Since pets react differently to human food than we do, we are working on making sure he doesn’t receive any human food.
- Stay on Top of Grooming – Pancake requires regular grooming and this is something we need to stay on top of. It is important that he gets brushed and bathed regularly in-between his visits with the groomer for his haircuts. He does visit the groomer monthly and gets his coat either fully clipped or just trimmed up as well as his nails clipped and teeth brushed. Every few months, we do add extra spa services for him too.
- Learn a New Trick – We want to teach Pancake a few tricks over the course of the year and feel it is a great addition to our resolution list.
If you need more ideas on great resolutions for your pup, be sure to visit the Bil-Jac Dog Blog.
Thanks to our friends at Bil-Jac, you can enter for your chance to win 2 bags of Bil-Jac treats for your dog! You can enter using the form below.
This giveaway will end on 2/1/2017 at 11:59pm CST. Winner’s will be contacted via email and will have 24 hours to respond with their mailing information to claim their prize. Anne Younger Says is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Any questions, please contact us.
*Anne Younger Says policies on giveaways can be found here.